Family Sponsorship

If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, age 18 or over, you can sponsor certain family members to become Canadian permanent residents. If you become a permanent resident, you can live, study and work in Canada. If you sponsor a relative to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you are responsible for supporting your relative financially when he or she arrives. Basic requirements for family sponsorship to be a sponsor:

  • You must be 18 years of age or older.
  • You and the sponsored relative must sign a sponsorship agreement that commits you to provide financial support for your relative, if necessary. This agreement also says the person becoming a permanent resident will make every effort to support her or himself.
  • You must provide financial support for a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner for three years from the date they become a permanent resident.
  • You must provide financial support for a dependent child for 10 years, or until the child turns 25, whichever comes first.

Individuals interested in applying under the Family Class sponsorship category may obtain an assessment of their eligibility by an online or offline appointments with our experts.

You can sponsor:


* Spouse

* Common-Law partner

* Conjugal partner

* Dependent children

* Brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship

* Grandparents

* Parents

* Another relative of any age or relationship but only under specific conditions

* Accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner, and dependent children).



Call us: +91 9573688300


Recent Service

Family Sponsorship


Our Brochures


Keep up to date — get updates with latest topics