Work Permit

  • Canada’s work visas are awarded under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
  • TFWP is intended to bring in foreign workers to address labor market shortages.
  • It is different from the International Mobility Program, which is intended to create jobs and boost the growth of the Canadian economy.
  • Foreign workers must have an approved job offer and a work permit before arriving in Canada under TFWP.

For foreign workers and employers alike, it is crucial to go through the proper channels before temporary employment in Canada may begin. Canada is actively seeking foreign workers and professionals to help grow its strong national workforce. in this Work section, you may find all the most up-to-date information on working in Canada for your particular situation.

There are two types of work permits: Open work permits and employer-specific work permits.

Open Work Permits

An open work permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada, except for an employer:

  • Who is listed as ineligible on the list of employers on CIC website or
  • Who is involved in illegal activities.

Employer-Specific Work Permits

An employer-specific work permit allows you to work according to the conditions on your work permit, which include:

  • Details like name and address of the employer you can work for
  • Duration of work


Call us: +91 9573688300


Recent Service

Work Permit


Our Brochures


Keep up to date — get updates with latest topics